career coach, writer-editor & marketing expert
I am a career coach, writer-editor and marketing expert and have helped hundreds of job seekers to be successful. I am a Part-Time Lecturer at Rutgers University teaching courses in business and proposal writing, interview skills and social media. Connect with me on LinkedIn!
I am friendly, supportive and enthusiastic - and enjoy connecting people with their skills and passions and their right livelihoods. I have experience as a recruiter (a strategic partner with the official recruiter for Microsoft Alumni), finding candidates and opportunities in business and technology.
- Wrote resumes, bios and LinkedIn profiles that WOWED!
- Got visibility and attention from Directors, VPs and CEOs on LinkedIn
- Found employment for a 63-year old newcomer with limited English-speaking skills - in a high tech field.
- Increased networking success by 28% - getting referrals to hiring managers
- Analyzed business plans and industry information to discover new opportunities
- Wrote successful applications for graduate / medical schools, grants and scholarships
- Mentored job seekers about the Top 10 Tips for Interview Success
- Taught Rutgers adjuncts how to save 50% of their time preparing and delivering classes.
- Coached a diverse and young software / web development team to 'gel' and work well together. (The team stayed together for 3 years and won a Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) CODiE Award).
- Negotiated a 20% increase in salary / compensation and a $10K signing bonus
- and more...
I have an MA in Organization Management and Development (Fielding Graduate University); a Bachelor of Journalism and a Bachelor of Political Science (McGill). I am an adult educator with certifications in Advanced Technology Management (CATA Alliance / Newbridge Networks), Instructional Design for Adults; Myers-Briggs and Strong Inventory assessments; and The Birkman Method. I am a dog lover, and a yoga teacher.